Biggest post yet… I felt I should share the process of creating this line art for perspective class. Lots of measuring lines, and rulers to create this 3 point perspective piece.
"Katara, Aang and Sokka at an air temple". 18"x24". Pen and pencil on vellum.
- Step 1 - Setting up the grid
- Step 2 - Building the major building architecture
- Step 3 - Finishing balconies and railings
- Step 4 - Transfer work to a new sheet of tracing paper (for clarity)
- Step 5 - Constructing the background buildings
- Step 6 - Adding wreckage to foreground structure
- Step 7 - Transfer consolidated work to a new sheet of tracing paper (for clarity)
- Step 8 - Adding characters
- Step 9 - Transfer final work to a sheet of velum using pen and pencil.
I would have liked more time to work on the line art, but obviously I spent so much time on the architecture I didn’t get to do that before turning it in for grading. More line work would have made a big difference to the visual depth, but it still looks pretty good :D.
Thanks for Tumbling with me!